We're excited to offer you a boat-eyed view of Purbeck with 3 cruises during the Planet Purbeck Festival
- - - - - -
Autumn migration is a big highlight of the calendar for us. It inspires excitement and anticipation as a whole suite of different species use Poole Harbour as a stop-off with its vast intertidal mudflats providing vital re-fueling sites.
The first pulse sees arctic breeding waders reaching our shores, making way for impressive movements of wetland birds then birds of prey and passerines unseen at other times of the year, before many of our familiar winter visitors.
This 3hr cruise embraces the safari experience, scouring the harbour from otherwise inaccessible areas such as the Wareham Channel and Frome Valley and even offering premier views from behind the Brownsea Lagoon seawall. From bird behaviour, plumage and vocalisations, we’ll guide you through the species we encounter all set to the stunning harbour landscape.
No two trips are ever the same as we take the tide and our latest sightings into account to maximise the birding potential of the cruise for you : )
- The trip will depart promptly from the orange & white Greenslade Pleasure Boats ferry kiosk on Poole Quay
- Nearest public car park located at Quay Visitors Car Park, Old Orchard, Poole BH15 1SB
- Although every effort will be made to run, the final decision will remain with the ferry company
- Toilet facilities and light refreshments are available onboard
- We do not permit dogs onto the boat, with the exception of assistance and guide dogs.
- Accessibility: Greenslade Pleasure Boats aim to accommodate disabled access on the boat where possible - for more info please see Greenslade's full access statement