This event is part of The Big Burnbake Camp Out
Join Jack at Burnbake for an immersive Forage For Knowledge experience - exploring, learning, tasting & enjoying nature.
- - - - - -
Jack will have his info stand at Burnbake for the day giving you a greater sense of what foraging is all about and how you can incorporate more of it into your life, which in turn will nourish your mind and body!
Jack will be talking through a number of different local habitats passing on knowledge of various edible species including medicinal herbs, wild greens, flowers, useful trees and mushrooms. Importantly he'll cover what to avoid and how to stay safe when foraging!
Outdoorsy skills such as cordage (e.g. making a bracelet from stinging nettles!) will also be covered during the day.
- We won’t be climbing mountains, however, different types of terrain and some hills are to be expected so sturdy shoes are a must.
- We’re sorry but any walks won't suitable for wheelchairs or those with limited mobility due to uneven terrain
- Toilets at Burnbake Campsite
- Please dress for the great British weather…
- Well-behaved dogs on leads welcome
We look forward to sharing the joy of foraging with you soon!
Jack has a separate bespoke guided foraging walk at Wilkswood on Tue 19th - find out more here
Jack will also be at the Norden Farmers Market on Wed 20th