Join us in an Arty Bug Hunt for the Planet Purbeck Festival!
Join Chris Spilling in searching through the undergrowth for bugs and critters and whatever else might be lurking there…
Damp corners and old rotten logs are ideal 🙂
- Ideal for accompanied children….
- Chris will identify and explain what you find!
- Then one of the Sandy Hill Artists will help you make a drawing or painting of it to take home.
- Last year we found all kinds of intriguing things, as well as a few surprised toads!
- We have a wealth of wildlife on our small valley site, from deer to lizards to amazing birdsong, but some of the most exciting things are normally hidden.
- This event is free, but we would like you to register so we can keep an eye on numbers, click here to register.
Full details of all daytime activities at Sandy Hills Arts on Saturday 17th September can be found here.
- Free event, suitable for all ages including families with young children, but please register.
- The workshop will run outdoors so dress for the weather.
- There will be a bar on site, with food available on site from the Sprout & Bean pop up cafe from lunchtime.
- The Boilerhouse Gallery will be open as normal from 10am to 5pm, with other studios open too!
- There will be an accessible temporary toilet on site for the weekend.
- The Sandy Hill Arts 1-acre site has a range of walking surfaces, including earth tracks which can get muddy when wet.
- The event is held in an ex-industrial site with several levels, and while most areas accessible via slopes rather than steps, surfaces are mainly grass or gravel.
- We are easy to access on foot from the village through the station.
- Please visit us by bus (Breezer number 40), or train (Swanage Railway).
- There is no parking at Sandy Hill Arts, although if you need parking because of a health issue we will try to sort something out if you let us know in advance, please.
- If coming by car, please park nearby at the National Trust Car Park (East Street BH20 5DR, free for NT members and free to all in the evenings. This is a 5 minute walk from the event venue) or the West Street Car Park (BH20 5HH).