Join Jane Woods for a fun drop-in cyanotype workshop!
Last minute addition…!
Cyanotype is a fun introduction to cameraless photography – it’s safe, easy and creates impressive prints in no time at all.
- Jane will have suitably treated light sensitive material available and will help you choose some local plant material to make your unique A5 print.
- The process was invented by astronomer Herschel around 1840 as a way to copy his notes – so this is a real ‘blue print’, the Victorian version of photocopying.
- Suitable for accompanied children or adults – no need to book.
- £5 per print, cash please on the day.
- Jane will be running more half day workshops at Sandy Hill Arts in 2023.
- The process needs strong sunlight so results in the winter months are less satisfactory – this will probably be the last workshop for 2022.
Full details of all daytime activities at Sandy Hills Arts on Saturday 17th September can be found here.
- Suitable for all ages including families with young children.
- The workshop will run outdoors so dress for the weather.
- There will be a bar on site, with food available on site from the Sprout & Bean pop up cafe from lunchtime.
- The Boilerhouse Gallery will be open as normal from 10am to 5pm, with other studios open too!
- There will be an accessible temporary toilet on site for the weekend.
- The Sandy Hill Arts 1-acre site has a range of walking surfaces, including earth tracks which can get muddy when wet.
- The event is held in an ex-industrial site with several levels, and while most areas accessible via slopes rather than steps, surfaces are mainly grass or gravel.
- We are easy to access on foot from the village through the station.
- Please visit us by bus (Breezer number 40), or train (Swanage Railway).
- There is no parking at Sandy Hill Arts, although if you need parking because of a health issue we will try to sort something out if you let us know in advance, please.
- If coming by car, please park nearby at the National Trust Car Park (East Street BH20 5DR, free for NT members and free to all in the evenings. This is a 5 minute walk from the event venue) or the West Street Car Park (BH20 5HH).