Celebrate World Rivers Day by taking action to reduce plastic pollution!
A whopping 80% of plastic in the oceans originates from rivers!
Join the Queen Mary University of London’s Preventing Plastic Pollution (PPP) team for a demonstration of how plastics move through a river catchment and learn about ways we can reduce plastic pollution.
There will also be an opportunity to view the types of animals that encounter plastic pollution in the River Frome every day. Magnifying glasses will be provided so you can get a closer look.
Members of the public are also invited to participate in land-based litter picks on footpaths around the Rivers Frome and Piddle, with the option of conducting a citizen science litter survey to help scientists understand sources of plastic pollution entering Poole Harbour.
Register on Eventbrite https://bit.ly/ppp_rivers
- Meet opposite The Old Granary, Wareham
- We'll supply litter pickers, a safety briefing & data entry forms followed by refreshments.
- Wear sturdy footwear & weather-appropriate clothing
- Bring your own drinking water & gloves
- Not all footpaths are accessible for wheelchair users.