Come and see our extra special activities on Sunday 18 September!
The Purbeck Artisan Yard is very proud to be a very eco-conscious group of artists. From the materials used, the plant based inks, the recycled fabrics, paper and card, leather and fabrics saved from landfill, and biodegradable/compostable packaging as well as a vast array of upcycled products. Pop in to see the fantastic array of products, chat to the artists and enjoy the demonstrations we are running!
We have five of our resident artisans staging demonstrations and providing insights of their unique approach and techniques. They will be discussing some of their secrets behind their amazing artwork. All sessions are free!
From 10am to 12pm
- Eddie Burrows will proving a talk and demonstration on how he produces one of his amazing acrylic landscape/seascape masterpieces
- Jan Underdown will show how you can take acrylic pouring techniques to the next level and beyond
From 12pm to 2pm
- Maxine - Juma Crafts will be jewellery making, showing you how to make earrings and a bracelet. If there’s time, a necklace and a handbag charm!
From 2pm to 4pm
- Suzy Wright will provide insights on how she produces her stunning abstract portraits using a live model. Suzy is excellent at making the complicated seem easy.
- Miriam Fagan demonstrating her approach to up cycling old and boring furniture to fabulous one off colourful pieces that will look amazing in your home
- The yard is also open daily 10am – 5pm to enjoy the various artists works
- Events are free but voluntary donations are welcome.
- If you have any queries, or requests for more information please do not hesitate to contact us via our Facebook page.
- Note the ground floor is accessible but access is limited on the first floor.
- Car parks nearby.